A great way to start your holiday meal! The apples add a hint of sweetness to this smooth & tasty soup. Make this seasonal recipe with local squash from our farming partners, now available in your store’s produce department!
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups of butternut squash
- 1 tart green apple, peeled & chopped
- 3 cups of low sodium ShopRite Chicken Broth
- 1 cup water
- Sauté onions, carrots & celery in oil for 5 minutes over medium high heat, use a pot for this step.
- Add to the pot, squash, apple, broth & water. Bring everything to a boil and then turn heat down for soup to simmer for 30 minutes. Puree in pot using immersion blender.
- Bring back to a boil and enjoy!