This winter salad combines a ton of bold flavors in a colorful & festive dish. We tried it once and were instantly hooked on the taste! It’s guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser that your guests will love, and they’ll most definitely want your recipe.
- 1/4 cup chopped walnut pieces
- 1 Belgium endive Belgian endives cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 each radicchio or Treviso, torn
- 1 Bosc pear—quartered, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 fuyu or Kaki persimmon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoon Walnut oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Spread the walnuts on a pie plate and toast for about 5 minutes, until fragrant. Transfer the nuts to a kitchen towel and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, toss the endives, radicchio, pear, persimmon and arugula. In a small bowl, whisk the mustard and walnuts oil and season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad, toss well and garnish with the toasted hazelnuts.