This colorful recipe combines all the great flavors of Cranberries, Goat Cheese, Toasted Pecans & Brussels Sprouts. Mixing in Farro adds a slight crunch to compliment the creamy goat cheese. We’ve topped it off with a delicious balsamic – maple glaze. This recipe is easy to make for lunch or serve as a side to your dinner guests.
Watch the video & find the recipe below!
- 1 pound small Brussels sprouts, tips cut off, discolored leaves remove and sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- ⅔ cup fresh cranberries
- ⅓ cup crumbled reduced fat goat cheese
- ⅓ cup freshly toasted pecans
- 3/4 cup raw Farro
- 1 tablespoon 100% maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock (optional)
- Bring 3/4 cup raw Farro and 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, covered
- Set a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat on the stove. Let it heat up for two to three minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss the prepared Brussels sprouts with olive oil and salt. Toss well, so that the sprouts are evenly coated in a thin layer of oil.
- Once the pan is hot, add sprouts into the pan and quickly rearrange them so the flat sides are face down. Let them cook for two minutes.
- Toss the fresh cranberries into the pan and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes, most cranberries will have popped. Drain Farro and add to pan & heat all ingredients thoroughly.
- Toss the warm Farro, sprouts, cranberries, cheese and pecans in a bowl and drizzle with balsamic glaze and maple syrup. Enjoy!