Tuna Tartare is one of those dishes everyone loves to order from a restaurant but never thought to make at home… until now. You’d be amazed how simple this recipe is to make!
It’s a very elegant dish that will thoroughly impress your guests. The unlikely combination with a kiwi mousse will have everyone raving about your excellent culinary skills.
- Make sure you have a very sharp knife to slice your tuna into cubes about 1/3 inches in size
- Place tuna on a paper towel to soak up some of the liquid before adding the sauce and other ingredients
- 6 oz. tuna, chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 kiwi mashed (only seeds)
- 1/2 green apple fine chopped
Combine all ingredients and mix lightly. Add salt to taste
- 1 pt. heavy cream
- 1 piece whip-it (cream stabilizer)
- Juice from kiwi
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 drops of vanilla
In a bowl whip cream and whip-it till light thickness. Add kiwi, salt and vanilla until stiff
Plate tuna mixture and add cream on top. Finish it off with a fresh kiwi slice & enjoy!