These “baby bellos” are an easy and delicious appetizer. You can substitute regular portobello mushroom caps to take this hors d’oeuvre from first course to main event.
These can be made a day in advance, just cover with plastic and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake!
You’ll know they’re ready when the stuffing starts to brown
- 2 Packages of Button Mushrooms, about 24 mushrooms
- 1/2 container of Crabmeat, about 8 oz
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 1-2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ diced red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Clean out inside of button mushrooms, chop stems and set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and add in chopped stems. Add filling to hollow mushrooms. Be careful not to over stuff mushrooms.
- Align stuffed mushrooms on sprayed baking sheet & cook for 20-30 minutes. Until mushrooms are soft and filling is golden brown.