Chef Michael shared his Italian inspired stuffing recipe using ShopRite Panettone. By using Panettone cake as the base of this holiday stuffing you add a subtle but unique sweetness! Buon Appetito a tutti
- 1 package ShopRite Panettone
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 5-6 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the panettone into 1/2-inch cubes, place in a baking pan and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F. Rotate the Panettone every few minutes so that it bakes evenly and doesn’t burn
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions, celery and sage and cook until softened, about four minutes.
- Add ½ cup of chicken broth and continue to cook, about three minutes more.
- Combine baked Panettone and vegetable mixture.
To finish off this recipe you can use a slow-cooker or your oven.
If you’re using a slow cooker, rub sides of slow-cooker with butter or cooking spray to avoid sticking, then pour stuffing into slow-cooker. Cook on high for one hour. Add up to 1 cup of chicken stock as necessary to prevent stuffing from drying out. Stir well, then turn slow-cooker to low. Cook another two hours on low.
If you’re using the oven ( as Chef Michael demonstrates in the video) lower the temperature to 150 degrees F and bake stuffing for 3 hours.