Mini Cranberry Brie Bites are a favorite of our Village Super Market Dietitians & once you see how easy they are to make we guarantee you’ll love them too! The shells are ready to go, all you have to do is slice the brie & make the cranberry sauce. You can follow Jessica’s cranberry sauce recipe below or save time and use a jarred/canned sauce.
Our registered dietitian’s recommend this appetizer because the fillo shells promote portion control (and make for a cute mini finger-food!)
- 1 bag of cranberries
- ½ cup orange juice, fresh squeezed or 100% juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 package mini fillo cups
- ½ lb brie, sliced
- Wash cranberries then place in a medium saucepan with sugar, orange juice and zest.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Let cranberry sauce cool before using (the cranberry sauce can be made ahead of time and refrigerated). In a pinch for time? Use jarred cranberry sauce or relish with no added sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay fillo cups on a small baking sheet, place 1 teaspoon of cranberry sauce in each cup. Top with 1 slice of brie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes, until cheese melts. Serve immediately!