Mulled Wine with Cranberries
Mulled wine has long been a favorite during the holidays to add an extra spice to any menu. Warm up on a cold winter day and share with a special someone after dinner, or whip up a couple batches and serve it hot to guests arriving at your party. If you know that some of your guests prefer a cold cocktail, you can also serve it chilled and even add some orange slices for a citrusy, holiday version of Sangria!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups dry red wine (such as Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1. In a large saucepan or cockpot, combine the cranberry juice cocktail, sugar, cinnamon sticks, and star anise. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and cranberries and bring back to a simmer. Serve warm & spread some holiday Cheers