- 1 bag Luigi Vitelli Whole Wheat Pasta
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled or diced.
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons ShopRite red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain the pasta, rinse it under cold water, and put it in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a dry sauté pan toast the walnuts over a medium-high flame until they are fragrant, about 2 minutes. Set the walnuts aside to cool then chop them coarsely.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chilled pasta, walnuts, feta cheese, onion, and spinach. In a small bowl whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic and mustard. Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.