- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 15oz can low sodium chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini paste (sesame paste)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, separated
- 3 tablespoons lemons, juice
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (or less to suit taste buds)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a food processer chop garlic.
- Add chickpeas, pulse for a few times at first, then puree, adding tahini paste through the feeder.
- Add in 3 tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add salt, cumin, coriander, cayenne, lemon juice and water.
- Blend to a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a bowl, smooth through with spoon making small crevasses in the hummus. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over top. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with some chopped parsley.