This recipe is a lighter version of your traditional Stuffed Cabbage. We’ll be rolling the filling in cabbage leaves & topping it off with a delicious cranberry sauce. This recipe cuts down on the salt and sugar in your dish and also uses Organic & extra lean ingredients.
- 1 extra-large head of green cabbage, cored
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds extra lean raw turkey (99% Lean Ground Turkey)
- 1/3 cup no salt added Heinz ketchup
- 2 tbsp ShopRite tomato paste
- 3/4 cup ShopRite Organic jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup Smuckers low-sugar grape jam
- 3/4 jar salt added Rinaldi’s marinara sauce
- Slice cabbage in half & remove core with knife.Carefully separate and remove leaves. Place all leaves in boiling water and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes. Rotate cabbage with tongs until leaves are soft, and turned a bright green color. Use tongs or slated spoon to remove leaves from water and place on a dish to cool.
- Filling: Combine onion, carrot, garlic, turkey, ketchup, tomato paste in a large bowl. Combine all ingredients and set aside.
- Sauce: Combine cranberry sauce, jam, and marinara sauce in a different bowl.
- Spray baking dish and layer with broken or ripped cabbage leaves
- Once the cabbage is cool enough to handle, begin filling cabbage leaves with 2 tbsp of filling. Roll cabbage leaf up like you would a burrito! This should take about 16 leaves.
- Place stuffed cabbage rolls, seam-side down in baking dish and cover with sauce. Cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.