JERSEY TOMATO BRUSCHETTA
- 4 large Jersey Fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Multigrain baguette bread
- Cut bread into ½ inch thick slices. Lay bread slices on a baking sheet and broil until crisp on top. Flip bread over and broil until crisp so both sides are crispy.
- Brush both sides of baguette with olive oil and place on heated grill. Grill 1-2 minutes per side until crispy.
- Dice tomatoes and put in colander for juices to drain.
- Mince garlic and onion and put in bowl. Finely chop basil or cut with scissors.
- Add basil and tomatoes to bowl with garlic and onion. Add salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Toss until oil and vinegar are dispersed throughout vegetable blend.
- Place spoonful of bruschetta on top of your crispy bread. Serve at room temperature