Watermelon, Feta & Mint Salad
- 1 (5-pound) watermelon
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (you can use reduced fat feta also)
- 6 whole mint sprigs
- Cut the flesh from the melon and cut into bite size pieces, removing and
discarding the seeds, and set aside. Peel and slice the onion into rings.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, pepper, and whisk until salt is
dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, a few drops at a time. Add in the chopped
mint, taste, and adjust seasonings.
- In a large bowl, combine the melon, onion, and feta. Pour the dressing
over the melon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly
mixed. Garnish with mint sprigs.