Zucchini “Love Boats”
Eat Local, Live Better
- 2 large zucchinis
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup of reduced fat crumbled feta
- 1 handful of fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup white wheat berries, cooked
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise & scoop out the middle with a spoon. For easy removal: score the zucchini with a knife and scoop out the middle with a grapefruit spoon. Dice up the scooped out zucchini and place in bowl.
- Cook onions over medium heat until translucent, add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Put diced zucchini, pepper, celery salt, and garlic salt in pan and cook for 2 more minutes. Take off heat and add in feta crumbles, basil and cooked wheat berries.
- In the hollowed out zucchini, stuff with above mix. Place on lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until zucchini boat is fork tender.