Serves: 4 Prep Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 30 Mins
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound of Jersey Fresh whole green beans – washed, dried and trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Place whole wheat flour in a shallow dish, place 2 beaten eggs in a second shallow dish. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic powder and black pepper in a third shallow dish and mix well.
- Dust the green beans lightly with whole wheat flour, batter with egg and then roll in breadcrumb/cheese mixture.
- Place on baking sheet, be sure the green beans are spread out. Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Occasionally check the beans as they near the final minutes in the oven to be sure they do not burn.
- Enjoy on their own or pair with a hummus or your dip of your choice!