- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat a stovetop grill pan or outdoor grill over high heat.
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Brush the eggplant slices evenly with olive oil on both sides.
- Grill the eggplant slices in batches for about 3-4 minutes for each side.
- Allow eggplant to cool slightly.
- Mix the pesto, ricotta cheese and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Spread a tablespoon of the mixture evenly over each eggplant slice.
- Remove from heat and roll up the eggplant slices, place on a plate seam-side down
- Add more olive oil if desired, and serve immediately.