Peach & Pecan Quinoa Salad | Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (roasted or raw)
- 1 green onion, greens only, sliced
- 1 ½ cup diced (peeled) peaches, 2 medium
- ¾ cup diced cucumber
- ¾ cup jicama, diced into small cubes, ¾ cup blueberries, ¾ cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Drizzle of honey, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Prepare the quinoa according to the package directions. Place it into a bowl and let it cool.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients to the bowl: pecans, onion, peaches, cucumber and water chestnuts. Stir to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients- add a little honey at a time until you reach desired sweetness. Drizzle some honey directly into the salad at the end to get it just right. Add the dressing to the salad and stir to combine. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.