Flounder En Papillote
- 4, 4-6oz flounder fillets
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 4 rings
- 1 pepper, cut into 4 rings
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced and 1 in wedges
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 large sheets of parchment paper
- 1 box Near East original plain wheat couscous,
cooked according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 425o.
- Lay out 1 sheet of parchment paper- fold in half then cut into a heart shape. Open the folded paper and place 1 onion ring and 1 pepper ring in the center of one side of the parchment paper. Lay 1 flounder fillet on top of the pepper and onion. Season the fish with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with 1 slice of lemon and 1 sprig of thyme, then squeeze juice of 1 lemon wedge over the fish.
- Begin folding, at the point of the heart, making your way around the packet, creating a seal. See picture above.
- Place parchment packet on a baking sheet and repeat with remaining pieces of fish.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes—the packet will puff as it cooks! Remove from the oven and serve individual parchment packet with a side of whole wheat couscous.