Shrimp & Pesto, Gluten Free Spaghetti
- 1 lb. dry ShopRite gluten free spaghetti
- 1 lb. of 31/40 count large shrimp, shelled and devained
- 1 cup DeCecco Genovese basil pesto- store-bought
- 2 cups of diced yellow zucchini
- 1 pint container of ShopRite grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup Kalamata pitted and halved black olives
- 1- 2 Tablespoon of Grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
- Place 1 jar of DeCecco Pesto in a glass bowl. Add halved grape tomatoes and olives. Stir gently to combine.
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large stockpot over high heat. Add the spaghetti, stir, and cook for 7- 9 minutes, until the spaghetti is al dente (“firm to the tooth”). Drain the spaghetti and add to the bowl with the pesto. Toss gently; the heat of the spaghetti will melt the pesto.
- Heat sauté pan and add 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil. Season shrimp with salt & pepper and add to pan. Cook until shrimp turn pink about 3-4 minutes. Add shrimp to pasta in bowl. Add zucchini to pan and sauté quickly until squash softens slightly but is still firm. Add to bowl and top with grated cheese.
- Toss gently and adjust seasoning. Serve in pasta bowls, topped with grated cheese and a swirl of Extra Virgin olive oil. Enjoy with a side salad!