Helping Families Eat Better Meal of the Week Recipe
Spiced Pork Chops with Butternut Squash
- Cooking spray
- 4- 4oz boneless center-cut pork chops
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 package pre-cut butternut squash
- 1 cup pre-cut onion
- ¼ cup water
- 1 baby kale and green salad blend
- In a large skillet heat over medium flame. Coat with cooking spray. Add pre-cut butternut squash. Cook squash for about 15 minutes or until squash is tender and able to be pierced with a fork. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Add onion to squash; cook uncovered for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add ¼ cup water; cook until liquid evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- In another large nonstick skillet heat over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle pork with pumpkin pie spice, salt, and pepper. Add pork to pan and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from heat. Serve spiced pork chops with butternut squash alongside a green salad!