Cauliflower Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place steamer insert in pan, fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Once boiling, add cauliflower and potatoes, cover and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
- While items are steaming, heat olive oil in a small pan over medium-high heat; cook and stir garlic until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer half the cooked cauliflower and potato mixture into a food processor. Cover and blend on high until it starts to become creamy. Add in remaining cauliflower and potatoes, garlic, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Continue to blend until it reaches your desired consistency.