Pomegranate and Pear Salsa Recipe
- 2 pomegranates or 1 3/4 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup mined red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium Bartlett or Asian pear, cored and diced
- 1tbsp sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Score pomegranates from top to bottom in 5 sections and place in a large bowl of water. Break pomegranates open in water to free seeds. Pull seeds and break from membrane; seeds will sink to the bottom of the bowl. Strain seeds and place in a medium bowl.
- Add pomegranate juice and lime juice; toss to coat evenly.
- Add onion, cilantro and pear; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with sugar; stir to combine. Serve as a topping or dip.