Baked or Stuffed Apple “Nachos”
- 5 small apples
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup craisins
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine walnuts, craisins, apple pie spice, cheese, and salt. Set aside.
- Wash and core apples**. Using a spoon or melon baller, hollow out the center of each apple a bit more to make room for the filling.
- Nest apples snuggly into a 6-inch cast-iron skillet. Stuff the apples with the walnut mixture and crumble the rest atop the apples.
- Bake apples for 25 minutes, or until they are just tender.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle maple syrup on top, and enjoy!
**If making “nachos,” slice the apples thinly and layer in baking dish, alternating apples slices with walnut mixture.