Persimmon, Pomegranate & Farro Salad Recipe
- ½ cups farro, dry
- 1 ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 persimmon, diced
- Seeds of ½ pomegranate + 2 tablespoons juice
- 6 sprigs mint, leaves torn
- 1 ½ tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cook farro according to package directions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking tray with parchment paper and scatter walnuts. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of maple syrup onto walnuts and bake in oven for 4 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- To make dressing, use reserved juice from the pomegranate and mix in small bowl with olive oil, remaining maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Salt, to taste.
- Combine farro, persimmon, pomegranate seeds, mint, and parsley. Top salad with walnuts and pour over the dressing. Enjoy!