Zoodles with Basil Garlic Pesto
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup ShopRite extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 fresh zucchini (be careful, too large may not fit through Veggetti machine)
- 1 tablespoon ShopRite extra-virgin olive oil
- To make pesto: Add basil, garlic, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add olive oil slowly until the mixture starts to thicken and become mixed, then set aside.
- Create zoodles with the Veggetti and set aside in a bowl.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Add zoodles to pan, breaking large strands up with a spatula or by hand. Cook for about 4 minutes or until slightly softened. Add desired amount of pesto to pan and heat through, then remove and enjoy!
Note: Remaining pesto can be stored for up to a week in the fridge. It’s also great as a sandwich spread or as a topping for chicken or fish!