Unstuffed Green Pepper Skillet
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 large green bell peppers, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 ½ cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat large pan over medium high heat, spray with non-stick spray. Sauté onions until translucent. Add carrots and green peppers. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes. You want the peppers to stay somewhat crunchy.
- Stir in tomato sauce, black beans, water, Italian seasoning, and cumin. Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice until heated through. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Serve and enjoy!